Years in Business: 25
Lisa Arthur is a disruptive marketer with more than 25 years of CMO experience. In her current role, as Aprimo’s Chief Marketing Officer, Lisa is once again disrupting, challenging her company – and fellow senior marketers – to actively join a revolution. This revolution is about getting a seat at the executive table, working hand-in-hand with sales and IT to transform marketing into a profit center, instead of a cost center.
Lisa practices what she preaches. She and her counterpart in sales at Aprimo are joined at the hip. Together they are responsible for creating a richer lead-to-sales pipeline that has made double-digit yearly revenue increases an expectation instead of a stretch goal. The staggering price that Teradata recently paid for Aprimo (more than $500M) speaks to what Lisa and her colleagues have accomplished.
Before joining Aprimo, Lisa spent nearly seven years at Oracle as a Vice President of Marketing, managing the market entry and growth for Oracle CRM. She also spearheaded market and demand initiatives for all of Oracle’s services including its E-Business Suite On-Demand. More recently, as the founder for Cinterim, Lisa provided strategic counsel to Silicon Valley start-ups and Fortune 50 technology companies.
Nominees Achievements in the Field of Sales Lead Management:
Lisa preaches strict accountability to sales. Each quarter, she challenges her 30+ marketing department to deliver more marketing-qualified leads (MQLs) to sales than the prior quarter. MQLs aren’t just any leads, they are quality prospects that Lisa’s team has moved carefully through the funnel. They are ready to buy.
Lisa demands of herself and her team what she promises to Aprimo customers – better performance through data-driven marketing that generates more leads, increased sales and higher revenue. Some of the key metrics for Lisa’s team include:
- A 75% increase in the number of marketing-qualified leads – these are buyers considered ready to purchase
- A 36% increase in the number of sales appointments booked
- A 35% decline in cost per lead, showing that performance optimization is working
- Member of Ball State’s Emerging Media Board of Advisors
- Former advisory board member of the CMO Council
- Advisory Board for Qenso in 2009
- Exec Sponsor of Aprimo’s Green committee
- Volunteer for the Writer’s Center of Indiana on outreach and marketing workshops
Authorship (articles or books):
Lisa authors a weekly Forbes blog series, The Marketing Revolution, in which she discusses pressing issues facing the marketing industry.
- BtoB: So Much More Than Revenue and Lead Generation, DemandGen Report, February 1, 2011
- Leading the Revolution: CMOs Must Be the Change Agent, DemandGen Report, December 7, 2010
- Guest Blogger Lisa Arthur: Have No Fear, Let Customers Control Your Brand, 1to1 Media, September 12, 2010
- The CMO's Quickly Revolving Door, Target Marketing, August 11, 2010
- Guest Blogger Lisa Arthur: CMOs Must Be the Change Agent of the Marketing Revolution, 1to1 Media, August 5, 2010
- Strategies For Staying Relevant During The Sales & Marketing Revolution, DemandGen Report, July 20, 2010
- Are You Headed Towards Location-based Marketing, Marketshare (Forbes Blog), June 24, 2010
- Connecting Mobile to the Marketing Mix, Marketshare (Forbes Blog) June, 17, 2010
- Marketing is in the Midst of a Revolutionary Change, 1to1 Media, June 15, 2010
Lisa is nominated by Katie Gardner