Years in Business: 20+
Brief description of nominees achievements:
Christine Crandell is B2B marketing and strategy expert with more than 20 years’ success in driving demand, crafting market shaping vision and strategy, and building brands for leading technology organizations. She currently advises CEOs, Board of Directors and sales and marketing leaders on how to structural and culturally align their companies to dramatically improve revenue performance.
Most recently, Christine was Senior Vice President of Accept Corporation, a SaaS-based product innovation management suite, where she repositioned the company, rebuilt global marketing to be revenue productive, and integrated marketing with Service/Support to deliver a consistent end-to-end customer experience from awareness through adoption.
Previously, she was Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Vice President of Alliances and Business Development for Egenera, where Christine was instrumental in leading the company’s transformation to a software-centric business model and driving initial revenue through a Dell OEM partnership.
Nominee's Achievements in the Field of of Sales Lead Management:
- Built over $2.5B in client value as measured by exit valuations.
- Involved in over 20 acquisitions
- 2010 – Recognized as one of Silicon Valley Women of Influence by the San Jose/Silicon Valley Business Journal
- 2011 – recruited to blog for Forbes on B2B sales and marketing issues
- 2011 – Aligned Good Technology’s Sales and Marketing teams and launched a Marketing Operations function to increase marketing contribution to pipeline by over 30% and sales productivity.
- 2011 – Developed strategic cloud channel model and business plan for DotNetNuke partnership with leading cloud providers
- 2010 - Retooled Accept Corporation’s marketing and aligned sales to achieve marketing contributed new pipeline of over 100% to meet revenue growth goals
- 2009 - Led the strategy shift for Egenera from hardware to a software centric OEM business model and brought Dell relationship to be revenue generating.
- 2008 – Repositioned Ariba as a SaaS market leader and shifted to customer-centric market models.
- 2007 - Aligned Ariba sales and marketing to achieve marketing contributed new pipeline of over $200M/year (60% of pipeline) while redefining and increasing market perception to increase the stock price by 60%.
- 2006 – Rebuilt Ariba global sales training to improve sales new hire ‘time to productivity’ by 3 months through standardized field training by role and competency curriculums.
- 2005 – Awarded Ageno School of Business, Stanley Price Adjunct Professor Award by the faculty of Golden Gate University, San Francisco, CA
- 2003 – Developed, launched and sold a market landscape software subscription product that streamlined enterprise software channel partner selection and evaluation
- 2002 – Repositioned and redefined vision, strategy, pricing, product roadmap for Evolve Software as part of WarburgPincus investment
- 2001 – Reengineered Meridium’s market strategy, sales model and organization to accelerate revenue growth.
- 2001 – Evaluated potential investments for various Silicon Valley venture capitalists
- 2000 – Strategic Advisor to Clarify management team on M&A, build/buy/partner, market strategy and operationalized its sale to Nortel for $2B
- 1999 – Created new market category (Customer Engagement Management), company vision and channel strategy for Satmetrix
- 1998 – Developed and operationalized build/buy/partner strategies and go-to-market strategies includes sales enablement strategies for Clarify and Interwise
- 1997 – Redefined Oracle application mid-market channel and go-to-market strategy driving significant net new market share
- 1995 - Retooled Itron marketing into a market-driven company which increased the stock price by 200% and revenue growth. Reduced customer support costs by over $1 Million/year by rationalizing five software product lines
- 1994 – Oracle’s first global Applications Business Unit strategy plan which launched Oracle ERP as a serious market contender and drove significant revenue.
- 1991 – Developed SAP’s first sales support function which became the model for other subsidiaries. Created SAP’s renowned customer satisfaction survey and partner recognition programsDeveloped and launched successful software as a service (SaaS) business in marketing automation.
- Responsible for managing all sales & marketing activities, product management, services, customer success and development direction.
- Company achieved 200% growth in 2010.
- Named SLMA's 2011 50 Most Influential Sales Lead Management Professionals
- Named SLMA's 2010 50 Most Influential Sales Lead Management Professionals ranked seven out of 50 senior executives.
- Named SLMA's 2009 50 Most Influential Sales Lead Management Professionals ranked five out of 50 senior executives.
- Named SLMA's 2010 "20 Women to Watch in Sales Lead Management."
- Recognized in the 2008 - DemandGen 10 Awards.
- Coupa and Social Dynamx
Q1 2012 (Jan – Mar) Abolish Sales and Marketing
http://www.retailonlineintegration.com/article/abolish-sales-marketing-embrace-buyers-journey/1Q3 & Q4 2011 (July – Dec)
How can the buyer’s journey solve the demand generation riddle?
2011 (Apr – Jun) Innovation Strategy Needs IT Input (Baseline)
2011 (Jan – Mar) Why Some Companies Successfully Innovate and Others Don’t (BusinessWeek)
Why The Obama Administration’s Innovation Agenda is Off Target (Forbes.com)
ViewPoint: Bright Ideas, Dim Prospects (GovernmentExecutive.com)
2010 Why Your Boss’ Boss Should Go Agile (Scrum Alliance)
Three Steps to a More Effective Voice of the Customer Program (On Product Management)
Reinventing Edison (BusinessWeek)
Lesson from the iPhone4 (DM News)
Time to Kill the Suggestion Box (Silicon Valley Watcher)
Bracing for the Big Conversation (Forbes.com)
Getting Thinkers, Blamers and Junkies to Align (Sandhill.com)
The Ascent of Incent for Marketing (Cloudbook Print Magazine and Product Strategy Network)
• http://www.cloudbook.net/cloudbook-search.php?search=Crandell and http://www.productstrategynetwork.com/content/view/552/1
Marketing’s Big Disconnect (Sandhill.com)
“Sales & Marketing Alignment: Thought leadership with Christine Crandell” interview with Jon Miller in Marketo Blog
2009 Getting Sales to Improve Marketing’s Leads (Product Strategy Network)
Five Strategies for Navigating the New Corporate Landscape (CMO.com and Product Strategy Network)
• http://www.cmo.com/leadership/cmos-five-strategies-navigating-new-corporate-landscape and http://www.productstrategynetwork.com/content/view/532/1
This article was included in CMO.com’s “Top 10 Stories for 2009″.The A.R.T. of Conversing (Cloudbook.net)
Marketing And Sales: Integrate And Prosper (Forbes.com) and (Human Capital Institute)
• http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/04/crandell-sales-collaboration-cmo-network-crandell.html and reprinted by the Human Capital Institute(http://www.hci.org/node/146414 )
Sales and Marketing Need to Sleep in the Same Bed (Sandhill.com and PSN)
Case Study: How Ariba Became a Market Leader by Getting Sales and Marketing to Cooperate (PSN)
Looking Around the Corner (PSN)
Preparing Today for Tomorrow’s Rebound (Sandhill.com)
Manage Your Brand, Manage Your Career (SDForum and PSN)
• Building and communicating a distinctive brand around your interests, talents and experience is the key to differentiating yourself in today’s job market. (http://www.productstrategynetwork.com/content/view/390/1
Christine is nominated by Henry Bruce