Nancy Nardin: Smart Selling Tools
Years in Business: 30 years, 6 years as President of Smart Selling Tools
Brief description of nominees achievements:
Nancy is recognized as the leading expert on sales and marketing productivity tools. She has been a thought leader on sales lead management tools since her first high-tech sales job in Silicon Valley – selling a new technology in the mid ‘80s called a ‘laptop’ computer (Grid Systems). She helped companies with large field sales organizations, like Pacific Bell, create and roll-out customized tools to manage their sales and prospecting activities.
Six years ago, after a 25 year career in sales, Nancy launched Smart Selling Tools – an information and consulting firm. As its President, she is a trusted advisor to sales and marketing software vendors as well as to the end-user organizations they serve.
Nancy has played an instrumental role in shaping the discussion about sales productivity. She created the 215 Principle as a method of quantifying sales rep capacity and productivity drains. The 215 Principle is a tool for sales and marketing leaders to understand the impact their decisions have on revenue generation.
As passionate as she is about technology, she’s equally passionate about the importance of process as the fundamental starting point. She’s a frequent speaker on the subject of poor technology adoption and what can sabotage deployment of critical productivity tools like CRM.
Nominee's Achievements in the Field of Sales Lead Management:
Nancy Nardin is a nationally recognized thought leader on sales and marketing productivity tools. Her firm, Smart Selling Tools – of which she is the founder and President – is dedicated to helping marketers and sellers apply process and technology to drive revenue.
Backed by nearly 30 years of sales and marketing expertise, Nancy is a pioneer in sales prospecting technology – first as a service provider and now as an evangelist and expert. She is a frequent speaker and writer on using technology to drive revenue throughout the sales pipeline.
Before launching Smart Selling Tools in 2006, Nancy served in sales leadership roles at leading analyst firms such as Gartner Group and IDC. She worked closely with many of Silicon Valley’s leading venture capital firms and the portfolio companies in their charge. She has, at one point or another, worked with more than 50 of the largest high-tech, and telecom firms in the country.
Nancy has consulted executives at leading marketing automation, pipeline management, lead management, and forecast analytics firms. She also designed a Sales Tools Assessment questionnaire to guide end-user sales and marketing organizations determine the right tools for them.
Among her many achievements, Nancy:
- Launched a campaign called ‘CRM is Not Enough’ to educate end-user organizations about essential tools beyond just CRM. As part of this national campaign, she is awarding more than $100,000 of sales software tools in a first-of-its-kind sweepstakes.
- Author of The 215 Principle
- Named as one of the top 25 Influential Leaders in Sales by InsideView
- Featured Presenter on Inside Sales Tools at the AA-ISP Summit
- Contributor to SalesGuru Forum, CustomerThink, Top Sales World, and more.
- Hosts a webinar “Show and Tell” series to make sales and marketing tools more assessable to technology neophytes.
- Top Sales & Marketing Resource Site 2011 – Silver Medal Winner
- Top Sales eBook 2011 – Silver Medal Winner
Has written ebooks and guides for DocuSign, Cloud9, OnceSource, CDC Software and many other leading sales and marketing software companies.
- Group Owner of Selling Tools LinkedIn Group – 4,000 members
- Top Sales World Advisory Board member
- Member of Sales Lead Management Association
- Member of American Association of Inside Sales (aa-isp)
- Member of The Sales Association
Nancy is nominated by Jill Konrath