Liz Sophia is Senior VP of Marketing of Hodges-Mace where she leads the Company’s marketing strategy. In November 2015, because of her stellar reputation as a successful Revenue Marketer, Hodges-Mace, an employee benefits firm, recruited Liz from North Plains Systems (NPS) to build a marketing department from the ground up. In four months, Liz has assembled a thriving revenue marketing organization, accountable for generating revenue.
Since coming onboard, Liz has aligned sales and marketing to move the needle in revenue generation for the firm. With the help of Leigh Chelsey who came from from NPS, Liz has introduced and proven the value of servant leadership and marketing metrics to generate topline revenue. She has led the adoption of SFDC and created a brand new role of sales and marketing technologist.
At the same time, Liz is transforming the communications department at Hodges-Mace from a cost center to a revenue center.
Liz understands marketing’s role to enable the sales function and drive revenue and is masterful at leading with metrics. Her diverse background includes corporate and agency experience in both the technology and healthcare industry. She has worked with companies of all sizes from startups to global corporations. Areas of expertise include: agency selection and management, marketing automation, revenue performance management, online strategy, employee development and brand transformation. She is a marketing change agent and thought leader, deeply committed to transforming marketing from a cost center to a profit center.
Prior to Hodges-Mace, Liz held senior leadership roles with North Plains Systems, Sage and PGi
- Voted one of The Top 20 Women to Watch in Sales Lead Management in 2014 and 2015
- Spoke at REVtalks, 2014: Building a Rockstar Team
- Encore Speaker at Hubspot 2013 annual conference
- Profiled in award-winning book, Rise of the Revenue Marketer.
- Columnist for PR News on topics related to the PR role in Revenue Marketing
- Featured in various marketing publications such as: D&B Connectors, 60SecondMarketer, DemandGenReport, DMNews and PR News and The Dana Barrett Show
Liz is a single mother of two young who balances her professional and personal commitments with finesse. In her spare time she enjoys competing in body building competitions. Liz holds a Bachelor’s of Arts degree in Communication from Hollins University.
Your Nominee’s Achievement in the Field of Sales Lead Management:
- Voted one of the Top 20 Women to Watch by the Sales Lead Management Association, 2014 and 2015
- Panelist at the Merit Direct 2014 Conference, Marketing’s Changing Role in the B2B Customer Journey
- Featured speaker at REVtalks, Building a Rockstar Team
- Featured thought leader in book, “Rise of the Revenue Marketer”
- Featured speaker and encore presenter at Hubspot INBOUND - Building a Rockstar Team and Optimal Alignment with Sales
- Guest speaker for Revenue Marketing University, Skills, Roles and Competencies for Revenue Performance Management; Building the Revenue Continuum – Marketing & Sales Alignment
Liz sits on the Customer Advisory Board for The Pedowitz Group.
Authorship (articles or books):
Liz is an articulate communicator and has written articles on lead generation, sales enablement, revenue marketing and digital asset management. She is a popular interview source and author for top marketing publications including:
60SecondMarketer - “How to Use Digital Asset Management (DAM) to Protect Your Brand ID” -
D&B Connectors – “Quarterbacking Your Marketing Automation” -
FierceCMO – “6 Ways to Deliver Marketing Numbers to Wow Leadership” -
DM News – “Blending Direct and Brand Marketing”
DemandBrew – “Rethinking How You Manage Your Marketing Assets”
PR News - “How to Tailor to Points in the Buying Process” -
Interviews or appearances:
Liz is has been a guest on The Dana Barrett Show http://danabarrett.com/women-on-wednesday-golf-tech-mentorship-negotiating/ -
Next month, Liz and Ron Shah, CFO of Hodges-Mace are guests on WRMR Power TalkRadio for Revenue Marketing Leaders http://www.blogtalkradio.com/revenue-marketer-radio, discussing “The Real Key to Marketing Agility: Financial Alignment”.
Liz has been in the industry for 20+ years and is nominated by Elizabeth Fairleigh