Elizabeth Benz, Digital River
Years in Business: 10
Elizabeth Benz is a director with an extensive background in new business development, marketing, and sales. She has a track record as a visionary leader and an excellent communicator, with success in consultative sales and strategic thinking, and a history of delivering exceptional growth margin. Her experience includes the software, life sciences, consumer goods, manufacturing, healthcare, and financial services industries.
Liz’ current role at Digital River global ecommerce solutions fully encompasses strategic inbound and outbound marketing communications, lead generation/management, sales force message training, and management of corporate-wide events to increase weekly lead results.
Career positions (most recent first) include:
- Director of Market Development – Digital River
- Area Application Sales Manager, CRM on Demand; Application Sales Regional Manager, Commercial Accounts; Business Development Regional Manager, Strategic Accounts; Business Development Regional Manager, Commercial Accounts; Business Development Consultant, Higher Education – Oracle Corp
- Outside Sales Account Rep – Bridgeway Solutions
- Membership Director – Tower Club, Club Corporation
Liz holds a BS in business management from North Carolina State University, and has completed several sales training programs including:
- John Costigan Sales & Management Training
- Oracle Management Training
- CRM on Demand Product & Sales Training
Nominee’s Achievement in the Field of Sales Lead Management:
- Extensively involved with development of and driving traffic to lead generation webinar. (Digital River)
- Spearheads, develops, and manages new market development group to increase leads by 300% in first six months of tenure. (Digital River)
- Spearheading new initiatives to drive more leads from industry-related events (Digital River)
- Developing and executing sales enablement globally (Digital River)
- Found and managed lead-generating membership committee (Club Corp) to grow referral business, resulting in 30 new memberships per annum.
- Consistently achieved 100% of monthly quotas averaging more than 240 annual memberships during a recessionary period. (Club Corp)
- Generated new leads through prospecting and cold calling to consistently achieve monthly quotas (Bridgeway Solutions)
- Pioneered state-wide standard for Bridgeway Solutions specifically for targeted fire and disaster recovery markets.
- Managed accelerated growth and expansion for CRM SaaS sales and CRM license solutions targeting C-level Fortune 1000 executives. (Oracle)
- Full accountability for a $5M annual budget and oversight for 16 senior sales reps and 1 manager. (Oracle)
- Facilitated a B2B-focused solutions training initiative. (Oracle)
- Developed lead-generating webinars, events and Educause forums. (Oracle)
- Won numerous sales MVP awards (Oracle) in 2006, 2008 and 2009, representing more than $4M in recurring revenue.
- Recruited and trained team of ten sales reps to excel in pipeline development from prospecting, lead generation, needs assessment, opportunity qualification through to final sales and follow-up. (Oracle)
- Spearheaded sales training and leadership programs to accelerate career advancement of potential candidates and effectively mentored high-performance sales managers to drive sales through the U.S. and Canada (Oracle 2007).
- Launched 20 new product campaigns annually that increased market penetration and captured $7M quarterly in closed revenue (Oracle 2008).
- Transformed mindset from commodity sales to complex solution sales through training and communication, and increased sales pipeline by 50% (Oracle).
- Authored industry playbook and led training program to increase productivity and sales, resulting in top revenue-producing CRM sales team for 2009 (Oracle).
- Regulated national coverage model for 30 sales reps and business development consultants, propelling 100% growth in 4 territories and achieving 169% of quota for Q1, FY10 (Oracle).
Club Corporation membership board.
Elizabeth is nominated by Mark Galloway