2012 Winner: Diane Mayer, CodeBaby.com
Years in Business: 30
Brief description of nominees achievements:
- Extensive management experience in sales, marketing, training and client services.
- Managed web event business unit for Corvent LLC, as VP of Services, and tripled revenue at 50% gross margin in first year.
- Developed innovative ways to build team cameraderie and manage multiple independent contributors from diverse locations.
- Expertise in user training and adoption programs for emerging technologies.
- Trained Microsoft resellers worldwide on how to sell and drive enterprise adotion of web conferencing (Live Meeting). Clients included all major Telco's such as British Telecom, AT&T, Bell Canada, Telstra, Telmex and Verizon.
- Always made quota by closing 30-40 new accounts each year and growing existing customer revenues.
Nominee's Achievements in the Field of of Sales Lead Management:
- Pioneer in the use of webinars for cultivating and generating prospects at B2B Web Marketing Solutions.
- Increasing conversion of prospects visiting websites for lead capture and ecommerce, leading to less site abandonment, more cross- & up-sell, and reducing costs due to reduced calls to call centers and customer service: current Director of Bus Development role at Codebaby.com.
- Managed Dynamics CRM user research project funded by Microsoft.
- As Bus Development Manager, sold lead nurturing programs to B2B marketers of complex products and services at Saligent.
- Increased sales of literature fulfillment, telemarketing services and closed-loop marketing programs as account executive at Inquiry Handling Services in 90's.
Consulted with clients in the design and execution of highly sophisticated lead management programs.
- Served as advisor to companies that sought to increase sales from sales leads.
- Speaker for DMA's Annual Conf & Exhibition full-day workshop: "Implementing a Successful Lead Management Process & Telemarketing Call Center."
- President, TEAM Referral Network, a SoCAL chapter (current)
- Active in Association of Women Entrepreneurs (current)
- Past President of the Business Communications & Marketing Association and Chairman of the Board in 93-94.
- Authorship (articles or books): - Closed-Loop Marketing Links Inquiries to Actual Sales - Metalworking Marketer
- Power Profiling Makes the Difference Between Success and Failure - Communicator: Sales & Marketing Executives Association of LA
- Prospect Cultivation & Post Sales Customer Care: How Careful Tending Will Let You Reap What You Sow - Seattle Direct Marketing Association
- Is Marketing from Venus and Sales from Mars? - Business Marketing Association, Northern CA
- Database Marketing Can Improve Your Trade Show ROI - Marcom Choices
- How Many Leads Does Joe Really Need? - BMA Northern CA and ECN Outlook
- Making Webinars Work - BMA Northern CA
- Substance or Myth--What is Closed-Loop Marketing? - IHS Newsletter
- Know They Customer - Oaktree Consulting Group's Update Newsletter
- 'ROC' Your Salesforce to Higher Productivity - Oaktree Consulting Group's Update Newsletter
- More Sales Per Sales Dollar - Oaktree Consulting Group's Update Newsletter