Devon McDonald: Open View Partners
Years in Business: 6
Brief description of nominees achievements:
Devon has successfully helped our organization and others specifically in creating and scaling lead gen teams across the country. She is extremely knowledgeable in every step of the process from beginning to end.
Devon has had a major impact across multiple portfolio companies by helping them establish lead generations teams and processes. This has helped the companies more efficiently scale their distribution models while contributing to their top line growth.
Devon McDonald provided strategic, as well as hands-on leadership in the creation of the Balihoo Enterprise Lead Qualification Team. Balihoo provides a software platform to large national brands to automate marketing at the local level. A crucial element in the continued success and expansion for Balihoo as a market leader was to establish a professional and well disciplined lead qualification team. This new team was launched in Q1 of 2012 and Devon was the key leader in its successful creation and continues to provide guidance and best practices.
Ms. McDonald has worked with several of the Openview Portfolio Companies to build lead generation processes and teams from scratch. Her expertise is something rapidly expanding software companies rarely can access.
Devon McDonald leads the sales and relationship marketing team within OpenView Labs, a group of in-house consultants for OpenView Venture Partners. She has successfully implemented more than 10 lead qualification initiatives within the portfolio companies.
Nominee's Achievements in the Field of of Sales Lead Management:
- Writing Lead Gen Playbook
- Lead Gen Employee Profile creation
- Sandler Training techniques in Lead Gen
- Scale lead gen teams from 5 to as many as needed
- Ability to understand role of lead gen in supporting the entire organization.
- Skill and tactful in execution of strategy
- Strong interviewing skills to bring in right types of Lead Gen Reps
- Certified Scrum Master
- Created and launched over 10 lead qualification teams within the OpenView portfolio companies
- Supported the hiring, training, and onboarding of each lead qualifier
Devon McDonald was a key leader in the creation of the Balihoo Enterprise Lead Qualification Team that was created in Q1 2012. Her leadership and hard work were key elements of a successful launch. Specifically, Devon was a key contributor in the following areas:
- Was instrumental in the recruiting of the initial team members for the newly created Balihoo lead qualification team.
- Created a custom processes and procedures handbook for the Balihoo lead qualification team.
- Spearheaded and delivered a complete Salesforce.com training program
- Created a complete Salesforce.com reporting and dashboard suite to effectively manage the Balihoo lead qualification team.
- Lead the research of key decision makers in named target verticals for outbound lead qualification.
- Oversaw the creation of multiple scripts for team members to use via phone and email.
- Continues to provide organizational guidance and suggestions for course correction as the team continues to ramp it efforts and implement all elements of Devon's initial game plan.
- Lead the build out of the Lead Generation team and process at Prognosis Health Information Systems(our company). Now responsible for generating 30-40% of our qualified leads.
- Helped Mashery and Balihoo build their teams and process this year. Both programs have been very successful in building great sales pipelines in the correct target segment for those companies.
A sample of titles include: "Is Your CRM Set Up for a Successful Outbound Prospecting Operation?", "Does your Team REALLY Exhaust Sales Leads Before Moving on to New Verticals?", "Launching a Lead Qualification Team: Who Has the Capacity to Manage It?' and "Lead Qualification Assets: Are You Taking Too Long to Adjust?"
Devon is nominated by Richard Harris, Ron Clevenger,Ramsey Evans, Amanda Maksymiw, and George Roberts