Taryn Lomas: Underground Elephant
Company: Underground Elephant
Years in Business: 3
Brief description of nominees achievements:
Starting as Underground Elephant's first employee, Taryn is now the Senior VP of Strategic Accounts. She has feverishly carved her way into the lead generation industry through tenacity, hard work and intelligence.
Lomas has been a major contributor to the company's internal operations and is responsible for building out the sales department. Lomas helped drive the launch of the education vertical leading to tremendous growth of the sales and marketing teams in 2010. After analyzing and forecasting upcoming market trends, Lomas secured necessary resources to build custom sites while working with industry experts to map the company’s strategy for breaking into the new vertical.
Lomas continuously monitors the marketplace watching for trends and opportunities for new business. She is currently overseeing the launch and expansion into new verticals. Lomas works closely with members of the vertical sales department and has mentored these men and women into one of the strongest departments in the company. By leveraging contacts and a vast knowledge of the marketplace, Lomas contributes greatly to the company’s focus and revenue stream.
Nominee's Achievements in the Field of of Sales Lead Management:
As an integral part of Underground Elephant, Lomas has been a key player in the company’s success. Some of Lomas’ achievements include the following:
- Oversees and manages the Sales Department – one of the highest profiting departments in the company,
- Works diligently with CEO, Jason Kulpa to make day-to-day decisions and major marketing plays that expand company growth and revenue,
- Analyzed and forecasted market trends and secured all necessary resources to expand into the Education vertical in 2009,
- Allocated the marketing budget necessary to make the education vertical a success; the department is now one of the highest revenue generating departments in the company,
- Recognized in 2010 by the San Diego Business Journal’s Women Who Mean Business Award as a dynamic business leader and role model in the industry,
- Recipient of DMNews’ ‘30 Under 30’ and the Stevie Award for ‘Women in Business’,
- Distinguished member of Leads council,
- Overseeing Underground Elephant’s Internship program – focusing on developing student’s future success in the work force by teaching relevant business skills.
As a strong advocate for educational advancement throughout our nation, Lomas has created personal relationships with many education organizations. As members of the Association of Private Sector Colleges and Universities (APSCU) and Imagine America Foundation (IAF), Underground Elephant works hand in hand with these organizations to promote career education. Lomas constantly works to find ways to reach out to these partners in creative and innovative ways. With the direct help of Lomas, Underground Elephant is the entertainment sponsor of the 2012 Concert, at the APSCU Convention. With her creativity and persistence Lomas continues to advocate educational advancement.
Lomas’ accomplishments continue to impress the team at Underground Elephant, daily. She inspires colleagues, and is the epitome of an employee who works to truly better the company as a whole.
Taryn is nominated by Madeline Grose