2013 Nominee: Mari Anne Vanella, The Vanella Group
Years In Business: 10
Brief Description of Nominee's Achievements:
Mari Anne Vanella has continued to be a leader and innovator in the sales lead management category with her advanced approach to understanding and helping clients to align with today’s buyer behavior and buy-cycles. She has founded and maintained growth in her company The Vanella Group, Inc. for the last 13 years straight, and under her leadership has formed partnerships with companies such as Marketo, Salesforce.com, InsideSales.com, InsideView, and many others. Her firm has worked with global technology companies and proves year after year to be the source of the highest number of leads. One source reported that 80% of their large deals closed over a reporting term were directly a result of The Vanella Group, Inc. Her recent launch of a consulting arm that addresses customer relationship management has been received with great enthusiasm and helps companies manage relationships with longer sales cycles.
Nominee's Achievements In The Field Of Sales Lead Management:
- Her book 42 Rules of Cold Calling Executives has maintained a strong sales number for the last 3 years and is used by sales teams all over the country.
- Her blog, “Insights into Cold Calling” has many thousands of regular readers and offers a current and fresh approach to sales development
- Her unique solution her firm delivers is a modernized platform of blending marketing automation with live connection to progress prospects more effectively
- Her trademarked Telesales 2.0 ™ formula for identifying buy cycles in companies outperforms the DMA report for outbound calling 5x over
- She spoke in features sessions at Dreamforce 11, and Dreamforce 12 on utilizing sales intelligence most effectively.
- There is a video feature on Salesforce.com of their success in implementing effective data management practices
- She is also regularly featured in webinars, sales bootcamps, and brought in to speak at sales kick offs
Her industry affiliations include:
- Founding Member of Women In Technology International's (WITI) Global Executive Network.
- Featured on a panel of well recognized technology leaders, including CIO’s, at the annual WITI conference.
- Received an honorable membership in the Sales & Marketing Executives International (SMEI) to recognize her influence in the field of sales.
Mari Anne also mentors young entrepreneurs and helps support organizations that support business enablement through organizations like Kiva. She also does volunteer work to help the local community.
Authorship (articles or books):
42 Rules of Cold Calling ExecutivesNominated By: Peter Winick