2013 Nominee: Robyn Davis, When I Need Help (WINH)
Brief Description of Nominee's Achievements:
After graduating with an Aerospace Engineering degree and accepting a traditional engineering position, Robyn Davis was presented with a difficult decision and chose the unexpected path to success. Quickly moving past a brief stint as a “Booth Bunny” and without any industry contacts to engage initially, Robyn switched gears and began building her own company, drawing upon her well rounded background and creativity to complete this transition independently.
Robyn Davis owns When I Need Help (WINH) and works with senior level executives in sales, marketing, and business development to help them improve upon their exhibiting results. Her focus is on the strategy behind and execution of event-specific sales and marketing efforts like pre-show marketing, staff training, post-show follow up, etc. as well as teaching her clients about the overarching principles necessary to their exhibiting success (like capitalizing upon the differences between long term and trade show selling) and providing on-site support services (to personally qualify leads and engage attendees).
Despite uncertain times, Robyn has again raised her prices and still continues to experience a growing demand for her full suite of products and services. In 2012, Robyn expanded her offerings to include an event selection mini-series, live webinars, and more.
Nominee's Achievements in Sales Lead Management:
- Founded When I Need Help (WINH) in 2009, providing trade show sales and marketing support to exhibitors
- Created the How To: Trade Show resource website in 2011, offering educational articles focused on sales tips, marketing tools, and real live examples to help professionals improve overall exhibiting efforts
- Created the How To: Quality Leads short course in 2011, teaching company representatives the ins and outs of trade show lead generation through a back-to-basics education (in a convenient, self-study format) that enables company representatives to succeed regardless of their previous experience with exhibiting – please visit www.WhenINeedHelp.com/qualityleads.html for more information
- Created the How to Choose the Right Trade Shows mini-series in 2012, consisting of seven e-mail lessons that guide professionals through an organized process for finding the right events and justifying their decisions – please visitwww.WhenINeedHelp.com/resources.html#Choose for more information
- Created and presented webinars, “7 Trade Show Truths New Exhibitors Need to Know” in 2012 and “Business Celebrities (Unknowingly) Share their Top Trade Show Tips” in 2013 – please visit www.WhenINeedHelp.com/webinars.html for more information
- Repeatedly requested by clients for on-site support and consulting engagements in conjunction with multiple events per year (especially as her clients expand their trade show schedules) and reoccurring events in subsequent years. Please visitwww.WhenINeedHelp.com/reviews.html to view client statements and evaluations.
- Named to the SMB 150 List of top 150 small and medium business professionals influencing the IT channel (SMB Nation) in 2012, 2013
- Named to the “20 Women to Watch” in Sales Lead Management Association List (SLMA) in 2012
- Published in Exhibitor Magazine in August 2012
- Received the Gold Medal in the Top Sales & Marketing Blog Post category (Top Sales Awards) in 2011
- Interviewed for WhyGo Traveler Series in 2011
- Final Judging Committee for the 2013 Stevie Awards in Sales and Customer Service
- Preliminary Judge for the Stevie Awards in Sales and Customer Service (2012, 2013) and Women in Business (2012)
- The Helen Davis Foundation Board Member
- Participation in Locks of Love (two personal donations of 10+ inches of hair)
- Interviewer for the USC Darla Moore School of Business Mock Interview Program, among other charitable contributions/volunteer efforts
Authorship (articles or books):
- Future best selling author of “Why Trade Shows Don’t Work for Everyone” (working title)
- Numerous articles published by reputable sources like SalesGravy, Salesopedia, SalesPlaybook, SalesPro Magazine, Growth University, Exhibitor Magazine, TSNN (Trade Show News Network), Event Solutions Magazine, etc
- Finalist in The BlogShop’s Best Blog awards (Best Blog Content category) for 2012
- Gold medal winner in 2011 Top Sales and Marekting Blog Post category
- Nominated for Top Sales Article of the Month (one of 10 finalists) in July 2010, February 2011, and April 2011
- Writes and publishes an annual printed newsletter (“Elevate your Marketing Efforts”) along with monthly e-newsletters, view past issues here: www.WhenINeedHelp.com/articles.html#Newsletters
- To view additional articles, please visit Robyn’s resource website: www.HowToTradeShow.com
Robyn has nominated herself.