2014 Nominee - Michelle Chiantera, Cisco
Michelle Chiantera collaborates with partners to build market differentiation and drive profitable growth. Key accomplishments include building and executing a partner marketing engagement model for Cisco’s top performing partners, and creating a marketing council platform to drive stronger partner relationships and marketing experiences, increasing partner marketing loyalty and engagement.
Michelle is an empowering marketing leader and passionate relationship builder. As the Sr. Director for Cisco’s Americas Partner and US Commercial Marketing organization, she collaborates with executives from a wide range of business types and sizes, showing them how they can build market differentiation and drive profitable growth for their company, and in turn, Cisco.
An expert who understands all aspects of business, both Cisco’s and that of its channel partner community, Michelle knows that the right investments in key areas such as marketing can help companies surpass their goals. With her knowledge of the market and how to drive business growth, she strives to empower the partner community through innovative marketing strategies and proven sales generation tactics. Her expertise delivers increased demand and unique market differentiation for her partners, and greater loyalty and relevance for Cisco.
Nominee’s Achievement in the Field of Sales Lead Management:
Michelle holds leadership roles on various sales and marketing councils. Her holistic approach starts with listening to, and learning about, what partners need to grow their businesses, and then outlining how they can address the ever-evolving dynamics of customer buying behavior.
For the last six years, Michelle has led her teams as both a mentor and a leader, empowering her employees and partners to excel by generating new concepts and ideas that deviate from the norm.
Key accomplishments for her have been:
- Building and executing a partner marketing engagement model for Cisco’s top performing partners
- Creating a marketing council platform to drive stronger partner relationships and marketing experiences
- Both have driven increased partner marketing engagement and loyalty
- External Awards: CRN's 2013 Women of the Channel.
- Internal Awards: 1H GMCC (Blair Christie) Awards: Winning Together Around Revenue Marketing.
- Early adopter of Revenue Marketing, key influencer for the adoption of Revenue Marketing across Cisco's marketing community.
- In partnership with The Pedowitz Group, launched Cisco Revenue Marketing University to educate and motivate Cisco Field Marketing to adopt and evangelize Revenue Marketing with Cisco Sales/Partners. Over 100 Cisco Field Marketing Managers are trained and badged.
- Extended Revenue Marketing to Cisco's top revenue generating partners (representing 60% of the business) - educated and motivated partners through 1:few/1:many trainings, as well as invested in key partners through consultative engagements with The Pedowitz group. Resulted in a key differentiator for Cisco Partner Marketing, recognized in the industry.
- FY13 set a Revenue Marketing goal with sales to drive an agreed upon Sales Qualified Lead target. Achieved the goal in the 1H of Cisco's fiscal year and is tracking to generate 2X the target.
- Under Michelle's leadership, the Revenue Marketing core team at Cisco was recognized for the following:
- Optimization of Revenue Marketing with Sales and Partners, Global Marketing Award
- Game Changer Award for Revenue Marketing, Americas Sales Leadership Award
- Recognized in the industry and in the marketing community as a Revenue Marketing success story,
- Recently spoke at REVTalks 2014 Revenue Marketing Summit in San Francisco to share the Cisco story.
Professional Boards: Business:
Cisco's Empowered Women's Network – Executive Sponsor
Personal: Trinity Montessori School
Michelle is nominated by Debbie Qaqish