Years in Business: 12
Margery Murphy established Acadia Lead Management Services in 1999 to provide technical sales and marketing support to small and mid-sized engineering firms. Over time, Acadia engaged companies from a broad range of industries, recognizing the need for measurable sales and marketing results. Companies focus on technology to facilitate marketing and sales, but tend to overlook the importance of using the phone to engage potential opportunities. Acadia incorporates individual outreach with a process to manage and track this activity.
Acadia’s process connects and measures companies’ marketing activities and sales results, and captures and houses customers’ prospects. It also provides strategic marketing intelligence for actionable leads that result in a closed sales cycle.
Grounded in the principles of trust, excellence, integrity, respect, Margery combines technical skills with uncovering and generating high quality sales leads for companies outside the engineering field. She tapped a largely unused resource to establish a network of associates through stay-at-home parents with advanced skills and professional experience who want the flexibility able to care for their children.
Acadia has grown rapidly, increasing its revenue by more than 120% and garnered a number of awards.
Nominee’s Achievement in the Field of Sales Lead Management:
- Began career as a design engineer for Loral Electronics.
- Entered technical sales with Radstone Technologies and became a regional manager.
- Saw the need for a way to measure and track sales leads and client feedback.
- Worked on the development of an online database system.
- Trialed the system to refine and define what was needed by both sales and marketing.
- Successfully launched the program to reengage aged sales leads and measure the return on investment and prove the theory that effectively tracking and managing sales leads would lead to increased revenue.
- Founded Acadia Lead Management Services as a sole proprietor in 1999.
- Incorporated Acadia Lead Management Services in 2006.
- Marge founded the company to provide customized programs for B2B companies who wish to increase their sales and better understand their target markets. Her process includes working consultatively with clients to execute everything from isolated projects to ongoing campaigns. Our services are designed to uncover sales potential, qualify contacts, reveal market intelligence, and increase brand recognition through sales and marketing support activities such as Lead Qualification, Lead Nurturing, Customer Profiling, Database Management and Data Cleansing.
- Marge modeled Acadia to include a team of sales, marketing and technology experts that work with companies every step of the way to ensure their goals are met and they receive clear and measurable results. This model provides clients with a team that flexes to meet their individual needs and goals.
- Developed Account Development process - Margery’s unique combination of technical and sales expertise has established Acadia as a leading sales and marketing resource company specializing in many industries and technologies.
- Margery developed a proprietary process that provides clients with the key sales and marketing information they require.
- Market Penetration – Acadia serves a broad range of industries and is able to augment the services marketing companies provide to their customers. The company’s tactical approach to customer needs has helped it develop a measurable process with the capability to analyze sales and marketing feedback for highly accurate results.
- Effective Marketing – Created a unique lead management service, combining both technology and skilled professionals to achieve a closed loop process to track, manage and qualify sales leads.
- Acadia’s services help customers adjust to economic and industry fluctuations as a result of our real-time sales and marketing feedback. The recent economic conditions have resulted in substantial changes in contacts at companies.
- Acadia’s ability to cleanse and maintain data quickly provides a significant competitive advantage for clients. We connect with the right people and decision makers.
- We utilize various marketing research tools and social media to listen to what is happening in the industry and enable us to guide our clients to understanding market trends and who is in the know.
- Acadia clients tell us they remain engaged with our process because it brings to them peace of mind. They know they will get the best value in terms of leads, market feedback and consultative advice.
- 2008 and 2009 – Name Dayton Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Company in the Dayton Region.
- 2009 – Named Dayton Business Journal’s Rookie Business of the Year.
- 2009 - Margery Murphy was named a winner in the 2009 50 Most Influential Sales Lead Management Professionals List.
- 2010 – Received the Ohio Keys to Success 2010 – Marketing/Advertising/PR Award.
- 2010/2011 – National Association of Professional Women – Woman of the Year.
- 2011 – Certified as a Women’s Business Enterprise by the Ohio River Valley Women’s Business Council, a regional certifying partner of the Women’s Business Enterprise Council. (WBENC)
Mark A. Kreusch Fund Board of Advisors
Executive Board for the Miami Valley Council for the Boy Scouts of America
Margery is nominated by Julie Rado