Years in Business: 7
Nancy is recognized as the leading expert on sales and marketing productivity tools. She’s been a thought leader on sales lead management tools since her first high-tech sales job in Silicon Valley – selling a new sales tool in the mid ‘80s called a ‘laptop’ computer (Grid Systems). She helped companies with large field sales organizations, like Pacific Bell, create and roll-out customized tools to manage their sales and prospecting activities.
After a 25 year career in sales, Nancy launched Smart Selling Tools – an information and consulting firm. As its President, she’s dedicated to helping marketers and sellers apply process and technology to drive revenue.
Nancy’s played an instrumental role in shaping the discussion about sales productivity. She created the 215 Principle as a method of quantifying sales rep capacity and productivity drains. The 215 Principle is a tool for sales and marketing leaders to understand the impact their decisions have on revenue generation.
Before launching Smart Selling Tools, Nancy served in sales leadership roles at analyst firms such as Gartner Group and IDC. Today, she consults executives at leading marketing automation, pipeline management, and lead management firms as well as Marketing and Sales leaders at end-user organizations.
Nominee's Achievements in the Field of Sales Lead Management
- Co-Founded Hushly, a new approach to sales lead generation that’s shaking up the marketing world. Won Silver Medal for Best Sales & Marketing Start-up in Top Sales World’s Annual awards.
- @sellingtools Named one of top 50 Retweeted by B2B marketers. (Marketing Profs)
- Top 25 Sales Bloggers by HubSpot.
- Top 50 Sales & Marketing Influencers 2013 Top Sales World.
- Named one of the top 25 Influential Leaders in Sales by InsideView.
- Awarded Top Sales & Marketing Blog 2013 – Silver Medal.
- Published ebooks and guides for several other leading sales and marketing software companies.
- Owner of Selling Tools LinkedIn Group.
- Owner of Sales Productivity LinkedIn Group.
- Top Sales World Advisory Board member
- Member of Sales Lead Management Association
- Member of American Association of Inside Sales (aa-isp)
- Member of The Sales Association
Authorship (articles or books): Articles/Publications:
- Revenue velocity: 7 Methodical Approaches (Award winning eBook)http://www.smartsellingtools.com/revenue_velocity.pdf
- Why 96% of Prospects Remain Unknown to You (and what to do about it) http://www.smartsellingtools.com/blog/2013/09/why-96-of-prospects-remain-unknown-to-you-and-what-to-do-about-it/
- Don’t Spook Your Prospects: 5 Sure-fire Ways to Keep Your Prospects From Fleeing in Fear http://www.smartsellingtools.com/blog/2013/10/dont-spook-your-prospects-5-sure-fire-ways-to-keep-your-prospects-from-fleeing-in-fear/
- The Stanford Study that just Might Help you Sell More http://www.smartsellingtools.com/blog/2013/10/the-stanford-study-that-just-might-help-you-sell-more/
- Sales Energy Audits: How to Increase Revenue by Shifting Your Sales-Energy Use
- The 2 Biggest Reasons Sales Tools Fail
- Sales 3.0: The End of The Road for The Autonomous Sales Rep
- The Goldilocks Principle for Sales Leads
- Lead Progression: The first element of the Sales Cycle Triad
- 5 New Rules for Selling to Prospects Late in the Buying Cycle
- Dumbing it Down: 5 Secrets to Getting Smart People to Buy
- The Golden Nugget vs the Mother Lode: How to get your message to stick (Shine)
- Why we shouldn’t demand (or want) marketing to give us sales-ready leads
Nancy is nominated by Lori Richardson