After growing up with self-employed parents and graduating with an Aerospace Engineering degree, Robyn Davis chose an unexpected career path. Inspired by her (brief) experience as a “Trade Show Booth Bunny” after college, Robyn started her own company, When I Need Help (WINH), to show exhibitors a more productive way to participate in trade shows.
Disproving the negative industry stereotypes that are still held by many professionals (like “events are just an expensive distraction”), Robyn Davis teaches her clients how to use their events to generate more quality leads, strengthen relationships with key industry contacts, and make a substantial financial return. She does this by advising senior executives on the sales and marketing strategies that are most applicable to the trade show environment and supporting them on-site, as needed. Some of her most popular offerings include on-going consulting sessions, staff training seminars, and post-show evaluation/recommendations reporting (Robyn’s services are always customized according to each client’s specific situation).
As her business continues to grow and evolve, Robyn Davis has been actively seeking new opportunities to influence her industry. Most recently, in addition to serving trade show exhibitors, Robyn has expanded her efforts to assist associations, attendees, and small businesses as well.
Nominee’s Achievement in the Field of Sales Lead Management:
- Founded When I Need Help (WINH) in 2009, which provides trade show sales and marketing on-site support, consulting services, and products/free resources.
- Requested repeatedly by clients for various services at multiple events per year and reoccurring events in subsequent years; please visit www.WhenINeedHelp.com for a more thorough company introduction and several client statements.
- Created “How To: Trade Show” (resource website), which offers sales tips, marketing tools, and real life examples to show professionals how to improve their overall exhibiting efforts.
- Created “How To: Quality Leads” (short course), which explains the ins and outs of trade show lead generation from a “back-to-basics” perspective.
- Created “Elevate Your Marketing Efforts” (annual printed newsletter), which features Robyn’s best advice and insights for business professionals, special announcements, and other interesting information.
- Created “WINH Webinars” (webinar series), which educates exhibitors on relevant topics like solutions to understaffing, advice for trade show follow up, and the truths new exhibitors need to know.
- Created “WINH Weekly” (e-mail series), which offers trade show tips in a quick and convenient format for exhibitors.
- Created “WINH Weekends” (e-mail series), which uses personal experiences to illustrate transferrable skills for business professionals.
- Created “Robyn’s Recap” (e-mail series), which offers trade show tips for exhibitors, sponsors, attendees, and speakers, in addition to other news and important updates.
Recent Awards and Honors:
- Top Sales and Marketing Webinar, Finalist (2013 – Top Sales World)
- Small Business Influencers Award, Honorable Mention (2013 – Small Biz Trends)
- SMB 150 List (2012, 2013 – SMB Nation)
- 20 Women to Watch in Sales Lead Management List (2012 - SLMA)
- Blog Content Category, Finalist (2012 – The BlogShop’s Best Blog Awards)
- Top Sales and Marketing Blog Post, Winner (2011 – Top Sales World)
- Top Sales Article of the Month, Finalist (July 2010, February 2011, April 2011 – Top Sales World)
- Stevie Awards (Final Judging Committee, “Sales & Customer Service”)
- Stevie Awards (Preliminary Judge, “Sales & Customer Service” and “Women in Business”)
Joint Alumni Association (Director of Public Affairs)
Participation in Locks of Love (two personal donations of 10+ inches of hair) and Interviewer for the Darla Moore School of Business Mock Interview Program at USC, among other charitable contributions and volunteer efforts.
Authorship (articles or books):
Published by reputable sources like Salesopedia, SalesGravy, SalesPro Magazine, TSNN (Trade Show News Network), and others.
- “7 Dos and Don’ts for Trade Show Attendees” – Coatings Pro Magazine, January 2014
- “6 Dos and Don’ts for Sales Pros Involved with Trade Shows” – Sales Playbook, March 2013
- “Slow Show Strategies” (Help! Column) – Exhibitor Magazine, August 2012
- “5 Free Ways You Can Stand Out As An Exhibitor” – Growth University, August 2011
- “An Unexpected Solution to Understaffing” – Event Solutions Magazine, February 2010
Additional (200+) educational articles written by Robyn Davis are available on How To: Trade Show (http://www.HowToTradeShow.com)
Robyn has nominated herself.