Nominee's Company: Underground Elephant
Years in Business: 12
As Chief Revenue Officer (CRO), and the company’s first employee, Taryn Lomas is responsible for Underground Elephant’s new product deployments, high-growth sales initiatives, strategic B2B partnerships, customer satisfaction, and implementation of new vertical expansion.
Thanks to Taryn’s successful implementation of these initiatives, Underground Elephant is the category leader of customer acquisition services and software for the auto insurance industry, and quickly expanding within and across verticals.
Starting with a team of just three sales reps in the beginning of 2014, Taryn expanded sales and customer success operations to include a 10-person internal sales team and a 12-person customer success team by the end of the year.
As a result of Taryn’s exceptional performance as CRO, Underground Elephant has increase its annual revenue year after year, making it one of the fastest-growing private companies in San Diego (according to the San Diego Business Journal) and the country (according to Inc. 5000).
From 2008 to 2013, Underground Elephant’s five-year growth rate was 1,275%. In 2014, company revenue hit $55 million—yet another record. With Taryn at the helm, Allstate Lead Marketplace, Underground Elephant Marketplace, click-to-call, cost-per-click, and call center continue to grow sales.
Nominee's Achievements in the field of Sales Lead Management:
- Taryn was critical to the development of the Allstate Lead Marketplace (ALM), a proprietary platform that streamlines the sales cycle, improves customer experience, and increases buying power for Allstate Insurance agency owner. The platform launched in early 2014, and rolled out nationally to Allstate’s entire team of agents.
- Taryn was instrumental in forging partnerships with additional new clients and launching custom marketing software with the likes of major carriers such as Nationwide, Twentyfirst, E-surance, State Farm.
- Under Taryn’s watch, 2013 was the year of mobile expansion, new vertical growth, and product customization for lead generation. New products for Underground Elephant grew 1,514% in 2013 from the previous year and kept that pace through 2014. The highest performing new products were Click-per-Call (CPC) and Click-to-Call (CTC).
- Examples of Taryn’s thought leadership: Click-Per-Call (CPC) drives high-quality clicks to our clients’ web pages by capturing premium, high-intent website traffic. It’s beauty—and innovation—lies in custom creative options, granular bidding and real-time analytics that ensure potential leads are qualified before they reach ad listings. Click-to-Call (CTC) comes at a time when lots of lead traffic is shifting to mobile devices. CTC ads send callers to an interactive voice response (IVR) pre-screening before they are sent to client call centers. Automation dramatically decreases wait-time, delivering exclusive inbound phone leads from customers at the peak of their interest.
- At the start of 2014, Underground Elephant had three sales representatives. Taryn scaled the team to over 25 representatives by year’s end.
Taryn is nominated by Greer Goebels