Winner's years in business: 20+
Winner's Company: North Plains Systems
Liz Sophia (McClellan) is CMO of North Plains Systems where she drives global marketing operations. A marketing thought leader with over 20 years of experience, Liz has an extensive background running sales and marketing departments for other high profile companies including PGi and Sage Software. Her expertise is helping marketing organizations become revenue centers by adopting today’s most innovative concepts and technologies including: lead generation, sales-marketing alignment, content marketing, revenue performance management, marketing automation and digital asset management (DAM). Liz was voted one of the 2014 Top 20 Women to Watch in Sales Lead Management and contributed to the 2013 book, “Rise of the Revenue Marketer”.
Previously Liz was VP of Field Marketing at PGi where she managed five channels: Customer Marketing, New Customer Acquisition, Diamond Customers, Partner Programs and Sales Enablement. Liz and her team transformed PGi’s marketing organization to a Revenue Performance Management model. As VP of Sales and Marketing, Liz led Sage’s first team through their marketing automation implementation as they began their revenue performance management journey. She was instrumental in building the the Revenue Performance Management Center of Excellence for Sage North America.
Liz is a savvy digital marketer with a firm grasp on lead generation and lead management to enable the sales function and drive revenue. Her diverse background includes agency and client-side experience primarily in the technology sector. Liz has worked with companies of all sizes from startups to global corporations, always in positions of increasing responsibility. Areas of expertise include: agency selection and management, marketing automation, revenue performance management, online strategy, employee development and brand transformation. Liz is a marketing thought leader who is bold in her convictions and commitment to helping drive change and transform marketing from a cost center to a profit center.
Nominee’s Achievement in the Field of Sales Lead Management:
- Voted one of the Top 20 Women to Watch by the Sales Lead Management Association, 2014
- Panelist at the Merit Direct 2014 Conference, Marketing’s Changing Role in the B2B Customer Journey
- Featured speaker at REVtalks, 2014: Building a Rockstar Team
- Featured thought leader in the 2013-released book, Rise of the Revenue Marketer
- Featured speaker and encore presenter at Hubspot INBOUND 2013: Building a Rockstar Team and Optimal Alignment with Sales
- Guest speaker for Revenue Marketing University, 2012-2013: Skills, Roles and Competencies for Revenue Performance Management; Building the Revenue Continuum – Marketing & Sales Alignment
Authorship (articles or books):
- Liz is an eloquent communicator and has written numerous articles on topics such as: lead generation, sales enablement and revenue marketing. Liz recently wrote an article on “How to Use Digital Asset Management (DAM) to Protect Your Brand ID” for 60SecondMarketer:
- Her most recent column in PR News was about “How to Tailor to Points in the Buying Process”
- She is a former guest columnist for BtoB Online.
Interviews or appearances:
Liz is frequently tapped for interviews by such media outlets as: D&B Connectors (new publication by Dunn & Bradstreet for B2B Marketers, FierceCMO , DM News, DemandBrew (new publication launching in mid February), PR News and others.
Liz was nominated by Elizabeth Farleigh