Nominee: Tracy Eiler, InsideView, Inc.
Tracy Eiler is Chief Marketing Officer at InsideView, where she leads overall marketing strategy and a team of 15.
Tracy held executive marketing roles at Replicon, Cloud9, MarkLogic, Postini, and Business Objects, helping to define and execute the marketing strategy of those technology innovators. She also founded and ran a successful communications agency which served technology clients.
Tracy’s marketing expertise has helped grow some of the most important business technology companies, including leaders in sales and marketing technology:
- Currently CMO at market intelligence leader InsideView, where she has built out demand generation for small business, enterprise, platform, and OEM sales teams. Pipeline coverage results range from 3x to 5x depending on the segment.
- Acted as interim CMO for Get Satisfaction, leader in online community platforms. Tracy rebuilt the marketing function and established demand gen.
- Tracy led marketing for Cloud9, leader in sales analytics for pipeline management. Repositioned Cloud9 in sales performance management category, rebuilt the marketing team and created the company’s demand gen process.
- Ran demand generation at Postini, taking them up-market from a successful small business engine to adding a rapidly growing enterprise segment. Early adopter of marketing automation, and introduced account-based marketing techniques.
- Ran marketing for MarkLogic through significant growth from $15M to $80M revenue. Created first market development team and generated 12M in outbound pipeline in the first 9 months.
- Grew the annual MarkLogic user conference to more than 600 attendees.
- At Business Objects, Tracy helped grow company from $65M and to $1.2B in revenue. She managed a $30M budget and 40 staff worldwide
Nominee’s Achievement in the Field of Sales Lead Management
Tracy Eiler has a broad range of experience in sales lead management, operating under the mantra “marketing exists to make sales easier”. She has build lead engines for both direct and indirect sales models, small business and enterprise sales teams, and using inbound and outbound techniques.
She was an early adopter of marketing automation, bringing in Eloqua in 2006 at Postini to support the small business engine, and support an up-market strategy for an enterprise sales team. Postini doubled in size to 100M in the first year Eiler was there, and sold to Google for 625M.
She build an outbound sales development team at big data company MarkLogic, increasing sales productivity and ASP from 50K to 250K in one year, along with 12M in outbound pipeline in the first 6 months.
At market intelligence firm InsideView, Eiler’s accomplishments include creating an account-based marketing approach for the new enterprise sales team and lowering cost-of-sale and increasing ASP for small business deals.
She is an evangelist for sales and marketing alignment, and is a frequent speaker on the topic. She’s currently writing a book on the topic, to be published by John Wiley & Sons in Sept 2016.
- Board of Advisors, Bluebird Communications
- Board of Advisors, Eiler Communications
- Former board member, San Mateo Family Service Agency
Authorship (articles or books)
Business book co-authored by Tracy and Andrea Austin, vp sales at InsideView. To be published in Sept 2016 with John Wiley & Sons. Topic is “Sales & Marketing Alignment”.
Tracy has been in the industry for 25 years, and is nominated by Nancy Nardin.