Nominee: Adrienne Weissman, G2 Crowd
Adrienne Weissman is the chief revenue and marketing officer for G2 Crowd, a peer-to-peer review site focused on the B2B software market. She joined G2 Crowd after a successful career leading sales and marketing efforts at tech industry giants like Google, Digg and LinkedIn.
But the exciting vision for G2 Crowd pulled her into the the tech start-up world.
“G2 Crowd is focused on demystifying and changing the purchasing paradigm in the B2B software marketplace,” said Weissman. “Companies that are engaged and listening to their customers across the social web realize improved satisfaction and brand loyalty, which are recognized by our service. This work creates enormous value for consumers and businesses around the world.”
While with G2 Crowd, Weissman has successfully lead the creation and expansion of the company’s sales, marketing and communications teams. Those efforts have resulted in exponential growth for the company.
Since Weissman took on a leadership role with G2 Crowd monthly site traffic has tripled. The quarterly, verified user-reviews have increased by two-and-a-half times and the site contains more than double as many verified reviews as their next closest competitor. More importantly the company has more than three times as many product-customers as the previous year.
Nominee’s Achievement in the Field of Sales Lead Management:
- Adrienne Weissman has lead G2 Crowd through a period of exponential growth
- More than 500,000 monthly visitors researching software
- More than 61,000 verified, user-reviews
- Built G2 Crowd’s sales, marketing and communications team from five to 28 members
- Opened new offices in Chicago and San Francisco
- 321 percent customer volume growth
- 429 percent growth in total company revenueienne has been in the industry for 17 years and is nominated by Adam Beeson.
Authorship (articles or books):
- “Why B2C Brands Should Be On LinkedIn: Agency Leaders Weigh In”, August 4, 2014, LinkedIn
- “New Research Reveals LinkedIn Members’ Receptiveness to Consumer Marketing Messages”, July 10, 2014, LinkedIn
Interviews or Appearances:
- Adrienne Weissman Joins G2 Crowd, The Drum, February 25, 2015
- Women in Tech Tuesday, Women 2.0, May 26, 2015
- Adrienne Weissman Talks Marketing Automation for Small Businesses , Small Business Trends, July 17, 2015
- 5 CMOs Who are Turning to LinkedIn for Increased Brand Engagement , Marketing Land, December 29, 2015
- Big 2015 Tech Hires That Will Shape 2016 , ChicagoInno, January 6, 2016
- 4 Chicago Tech Companies Making Philanthropy a Cornerstone of Culture, Built In Chicago, November 12, 2015
- Jumping Into the Mobile Marketing Waters, Ad Age, July 9, 2015
- A CMO to Know: Adrienne Weissman, G2 Crowd, itbusiness.ca, January 7, 2016
- Shopify Leads the Ecommerce Pack, Small Business Computing.com June 15, 2015
- Gainsight Panel, May 13, 2915
- FlipMyFlannel Roadshow Chicago, December 8, 2015
- FlipMyFlannel Roadshow San Francisco, February 25, 2016